With so much info and media on the Paleo Diet it's sometimes hard to know where to start. We have outlined here the basics of the Paleo Diet so you have a quick guideline to refer to as you get started with the Paleo Lifestyle. We have the Do's and Don'ts covered, as well as some quick tips. Check it out!
- Meat - Grass Fed, Free Range, Organic
- Fresh Fish and Seafood
- Fresh Vegetables
- Fresh Fruit
- Free Range Eggs
- Nuts and Seeds
- Good Fats - Olive Oil, Nut Oils, Coconut Oil, Avocado,
- Processed Foods
- Cane Sugar
- Food Additives
- Artificial Flavours, Colours, Sweeteners
- Refined Oils - Vegetable oil, Soybean Oil, Canola Oil, Cottonseed Oil,
- If you could grow it, pick it and eat it or cook it at home then you're on the right track
- If it's processed, refined or contains food additives avoid it
- Sugars and sweeteners are to be avoided
- Stay away from anything made from grain products or flour
- It's the hunter gatherer diet so try to think like a caveman - could I hunt it or gather it?!
- Make it a lifestyle, not just a diet - a caveman would have to go hunt and gather food before eating breakfast so try and start the day with some exercise, and remain active during the day
- Because commercial Dairy products are over process, pasteurised and homogenised they can not be included on a Paleo eating plan. Why not try some home made nut milk... it's simple and easy to make! Worried about you're Calcium intake??? Don't be! The processing to milk products renders the Calcium un-absorbable so you weren't gonna get it anyway. Simply eat some nuts, seed and green vegetables and you'll be doing just fine.